The family

The family
Handsome, Princess, Man- Child, Endless Pit, Bilbo

Sunday, March 20, 2011

second chances

Regret
I would say it is used to redirect the energy of our “paths of misfortunes”.  It helps us become more modest and approach things in a more positive light.  It makes us want another chance….to want to go back in time and erase, fix or change.  Maybe it is a way of force feeding much needed direction to one’s self and others.  With this in mind and given the many regrets I have had in my life- I have had a few-  I try to teach my kiddos a few things to help shine their armor a bit to protect the boo boos of life lesson’s hard knocks.
 In so many words…
…Embrace who you are.  Ignore the judgments.  Find peace with the person you have become.  Believe in something…start with what is inside.  Form your opinions with tact and grace, and allow yourself to change your mind.   I could go on.
I realized this weekend that those blurbs of ‘mom-isms’ are starting to stick in a very good and healthy way.  I realize that Man Child and Endless Pit are listening and starting to piece together what has been preached to them many times, and applying them accordingly.  Before I started to pat myself on the back, I realized that it was only because they are starting to struggle with a few issues that come as little boys get older.
(enter nerves)
This is life.  This is what I have been amp-ing up for to help them choose wisely as things get a little harder.  I am confident they will grow to be fine young men- even have a few regrets- but I know that somehow, at some given moment they actually heard me…
…and I have no regrets about that. J

No comments:

Post a Comment